Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Rerun: How I Missed The Hobbit

In celebration of the long awaited release of Peter Jackson's The Hobbit to theaters, I thought I'd repost my poem recounting an episode from childhood, in which I missed seeing the second half of Rankin Bass' animated adaptation when it aired on television in the late 70s, as punishment by my parents for refusing to finish my dinner.

The tragic episode is rendered in picture and verse reminiscent of those Victorian-era, Stuwwelpeter-esque cautionary tales for children.

(And yea, this is just the blog equivalent of airing a rerun... but it'll be the first time I've done it in over five years of operating The Haunted Closet, so give me a break!)

You can read the whole story in greater detail at the original post here.

No comments: